The BV’s are a band from Augsburg, Germany. Their bittersweet, looping, disintegrating mix of indie pop, shoegaze, and krautrock came together by chance in the cascading granite greys of a wet English winter in 2016 when Fred moved from Augsburg, Germany, to Cornwall in the UK for a university exchange program and moved in with Josh. After living together for four months, they decided to record some demos for fun, which became their first album, "Speaking from a Distance," released in 2017 on the German label Kleine Untergrund Schallplatten. After Fred moved back to Augsburg, the BV’s continued to make music over the internet, releasing an EP ("Interpunktion") and a second album ("Cartography") with Kleine Untergrund Schallplatten and touring extensively in Europe and the UK, including appearances at Indietracks and Madrid Popfest.
In 2022, Josh moved from the UK to Augsburg. With the band now finally all living in the same place, the BV’s have spent the last year recording their third album, "Taking Pictures of Taking Pictures," which will be released on 16th February via Kleine Untergrund Schallplatten and Shelflife Records.
1. How did the band form and what does the band name mean?
2. Previous musical projects? How'd you first get into music?
3. First concert that you ever went to?
4. What's your writing process like?
5. What other artists or songs inspire your music?
6. What's the live experience like and your philosophy on playing live? Do you think the music live should be identical to the recorded version or should it be it's own thing?
8. What's up next for the band?